“As a career assistant coach, it is normal to think you can do a better job by making changes. This book provides a great guide to help take that next step successfully. Combining this information with the Outside the Lines Manual and the Santiago Road Map also offered by Eight Laces, I feel very confident that I have a better understanding and that I am better prepared to be effective in that role.” — Coach Tom Sousa
Coach Fore created this manual of more than 1oo pages to help YOU land that next coaching gig of your dreams.
He used his experience as an Athletic Director and Head Football Coach to weave together a great plan as you pursue the next job in the coaching world. (Although written specifically for coaches, the principles of this manual apply to most job searches.)
Fore is a Certified Athletic Administrator, has his Masters degree in Athletic Administration and teaches in the Physical Education Graduate program at Azusa Pacific University. He has helped to increase League Championships through building and rebuilding two different athletic programs at the high school level. Every year that he has been an Athletic Director, his school won more League Championships than the previous year! Fore credits this to outstanding head coaches who he has hired to bring dynamite changes to programs that needed it.
“Wanted to give a S/O to @CoachFore. Big help already for a new guy looking for job advice. Much appreciated.” – Coach Stealth
“Coach Fore is a great resource for coaches. His knowledge of not only the profession but also his experience and background on both sides of the hiring process is hard to find. I knew that any suggestions and comments from Coach Fore were grounded in experience and would serve me well in my career.” – Pete DeWeese, Defensive Coordinator/LB’s, Milton High School (GA)
The fourteen chapters of this book are:
- So You Want To Leave? Now What?
- Where and How To Look For A Job
- Hiring Coaches: One Of The Best Parts About Being An Athletic Director
- I Want That Job: What Should I Send Them? 5 Keys To Reaching Out
- 5 Keys To Writing An Athletic Cover Letter
- 4 Pieces Of Advice About Your Resume
- 6 Things An Athletic Director Looks For On Your Resume
- Your Letter of Recommendations Quiver
- How To Know If You Are In A Sham Interview
- Interview Questions To Expect
- How To Shock The Interview Panel – Preparing Yourself For The Big Day
- 10 Interview Suggestions From A Former Superintendent
- 10 Things To Consider Before Taking A New Job
- 99 Questions To Ask To Get To Know Your Perspective School
The 3 BONUS chapters are: 3 Tips To Get Along Great With Your Athletic Director, A To Do List During Your First 30 Days As A Head Coach and Don’t Take A Coaching Job Like This: One Coach’s Experience